Recovery Beliefs and Person-Centered Practices
- Establish core recovery principles and values
- Adopt a clear recovery based mission statement
- Elevate the leadership and voices of peers and people in recovery and assure that they are included in all planning and policy development
- Train – first in philosophy of recovery, self direction and self determination and then offer concrete tools for practice
- Create mechanisms to solicit perspectives from multiple diverse stakeholders to craft a shared vision.
A Recovery Program Approach
Anthony, W, Cohen, M Farkas, M and Gagne, C (2002) Psychiatric Rehabilitation. Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Sargent College, Boston University